Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cogs update (#40) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good news - he was transported to Harborview this afternoon. He'll definitely need visitors. I haven't heard if he's ready to have visitors now, but a call to Harborview would sort that out.

I talked to him yesterday, and as a typical racer, he was hoping that someone had pictures of the crash (or even better - video!).

If you were to visit <and> have pictures - you'd be a hero...

Michael

President of the WMRRA Volunteers Fan Club Allister Squid #121's Avatar
    2nd star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

Good luck and quick recovery COGS!!!
    I was #2, I was the S**T!!!
    Then we were #4, why try harder?
    Uh-oh, gotta go, #2, I am the S**T again!

I don't roll on shabbos

The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of Allister Squid #121

Dave Lannigan SpeedDealer Motors
    Brand X Custom Paint
    Barry and April Wressel KFG
    Jason, John and Dunlop Tires
    Flexi Glass Bodywork
    Vortex
    GSXR 1,000,000

Allister Brother - your "special" goes all the way up to 11... Bateman

New update - Cogs went in for surgery today. I believe it was for the neck/back fractures based on talking to Tamara several days ago, but I'm not certain. Someone will update when we hear how the surgery went.

Michael

I watched the crash...or at least 75% of it. Trust me....nobody wants to see video of that. It was very ugly, and I will not soon forget it.

Lets all say a prayer...of thanks that Cogs is alive, and of hope that he recovers quickly.

TimO
    "Inside every old man there's a young man screaming what the hell happened?!" - Claud Jinks #314

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

"These go to eleven" - Nigel Tufnel

I hope you have a speedy recovery man! Been there done that. But the docs at Harborzoo are some of the best so your in good hands.
    Josh Nguyen
    WMRRA #52

Sponsorhouse Page

Word today is that Cogs is stable in recovery after surgery yesterday. It apparently took a lot longer than anticipated, but went well. He's sporting some new titanium rods in his back. He's expected to be in the ICU for one more day - so might be able to receive visitors by tommorrow.

Bateman

Default Cogs

Happy to hear the (mostly) good news re Cogs. Thanks, Ian.

Eddie & Patti.

This is a message from Tamra about Cogs condition posted on the Formula 160 list...

"Hey everyone, I got back from the hospital a little while ago. Mike is doing well. He is back in ICU and should be there until Thurs. evening. If all goes well, he goes to the orthopedic floor for a few days and maybe home by this weekend! I pick up his parents tomorrow, who are flying in from Oklahoma.

I just want to thank all of you who have been in touch and helped us out. I'm so grateful for the friends we have in this community. I'll be calling you all soon for that help you offered.

So Mike got himself a tranfusion today, titanium rods from his T6 to T11. He will have to wear a neck brace for 3 months as he fractured his C7 and the base of his skull. He has multiple rib fractures and his liver is lacerated but healing. The surgeon told me he is lucky to be alive...

Please feel free to visit him, he'd love it. He has his usual sense of humor already. I'll be down there in the morning until I go get his parents at 1pm. ICU has very relaxed visitation rules at Harborview, not sure what the ortho ward will be like."

So, that is the latest!

TimO
    "Inside every old man there's a young man screaming what the hell happened?!" - Claud Jinks #314

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

"These go to eleven" - Nigel Tufnel

Default Thanks everybody

I made it home from Harborview yesterday and spent in immensely uncomfortable evening home last night. I am getting up and putzing around with a walker with great pain and difficulty, but all in all, things turned out as well as they possibly could have. Now I just have to forge on for the next few months and get my shit together.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped and took care of Tamra and me during such a scary, chaotic ordeal. Y'all are all aces.

Welcome back to the land of the living! Great to hear from you and glad to see you are recovering.

Best of luck on your recovery, take your time and let me know if you need help with anything.

How's the bike?
    [B][I]Chris Fratini
    WMRRA#65

Life becomes a nuisance when you take it too seriously