Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
The good and bad from OMRRA today - 5/20/2007 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    President of the WMRRA Volunteers Fan Club Allister Squid #121's Avatar
    2nd star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

Sorry to hear about all the injuries. Hope everyone is going to be 100% OK!!

Keep us posted.

I was there on Sat for the endurance...decided at the last minute to leave and NOT participate in the sprints on Sunday. Sounds like I made the right decision...
    I was #2, I was the S**T!!!
    Then we were #4, why try harder?
    Uh-oh, gotta go, #2, I am the S**T again!

I don't roll on shabbos

The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of Allister Squid #121

Dave Lannigan SpeedDealer Motors
    Brand X Custom Paint
    Barry and April Wressel KFG
    Jason, John and Dunlop Tires
    Flexi Glass Bodywork
    Vortex
    GSXR 1,000,000

Allister Brother - your "special" goes all the way up to 11... Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Presidente View Post
    I just got off the phone with Dave Hosea (WMRRA #205) and good friend of the Jeff and his family.
    Looks like the break to the pelvis was due to the femur being pushed up into the hip socket resulting in a broken pelvis, hip, and leg. He is in a Portland hospital and is doing well. He is awaiting surgery.
    Ouch! Thanks for the update.

It's been a heck of a month! Thoughts and prayers to all who were injured and their families and friends. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

man, and I thought my crash at 2fast on wes was bad. I got run over but i didn't break anything. I feel lucky compared to this.
    Gary T

But corner worked all season

www.bridgestone.com
    www.adrenalinefreaks.com

fuzzy motors

I feel for all of these riders. Especially the ones that got injured, but even the ones that stayed upright. It was a hell of a weekend weatherwise and I got caught 45 minutes from my house on a street ride when the worst of it started. I can't even imagine racing in that.

I'm new and maybe this is a little naive, but... why do we race so early and late in the season? I mean, this is the Pacific Northwest. You race in March through May and you're going to get dumped on hard. A little rain is just racing, but hydroplaning down the front straight and broken pelvis bones obviously just isn't safe. I know it's kind of cramming it in there, but why not just start the season a little later, make the earlier and later races be the Spokane rounds, and compress the season a little into a shorter, more-likely-sunny time span like late May through early September? Is it because the tracks are busy with other things and we have to take what we can get? Like I said, I probably just don't know what actually goes on behind the scenes to figure these things out. And, hell, many people like racing in the rain. It just sucks hearing these injury stories every week...
    I'm an ideas man, Michael. I think I proved that with *bleep* Mountain.

Grid Fluffer for hire! Lauralynne's Avatar

The schedule is - as you can imagine - a complicated thing to get hammered out. Seasonwise there have been rain SEASONs with 1 or 2 dry races from what Louie tells me. And the injuries aren't isolated to rain days - the last WMRRA weekend was sunny and dry and still ended pretty badly for some. As a club, they do their best to minimize risk. As a racer, you have to decide how to minimize your risk.

Personally, our budget is stretched tight with the timing of the races now - if I had to run 2 race weekends a month for 4 months, it wouldn't be financially possible.
    Laura
    WMRRA's slowest Expert
    Growing the race team by 1 in 2011

Geddy this would be a totally new thread....the answer is...we do because if we didn't then we would get 1 or 2 weekends a year to race. Not enough tracks and too many people.

If that is your idea of fun then just sign up for 1 or 2 weekends of of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Presidente View Post
    I just got off the phone with Dave Hosea (WMRRA #205) and good friend of the Jeff and his family.
    Looks like the break to the pelvis was due to the femur being pushed up into the hip socket resulting in a broken pelvis, hip, and leg. He is in a Portland hospital and is doing well. He is awaiting surgery.
    ...this sucks. he had a pretty good start to the year too. have you heard anything about recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by geddyt View Post
    I feel for all of these riders. Especially the ones that got injured, but even the ones that stayed upright. It was a hell of a weekend weatherwise and I got caught 45 minutes from my house on a street ride when the worst of it started. I can't even imagine racing in that.

I'm new and maybe this is a little naive, but... why do we race so early and late in the season? I mean, this is the Pacific Northwest. You race in March through May and you're going to get dumped on hard. A little rain is just racing, but hydroplaning down the front straight and broken pelvis bones obviously just isn't safe. I know it's kind of cramming it in there, but why not just start the season a little later, make the earlier and later races be the Spokane rounds, and compress the season a little into a shorter, more-likely-sunny time span like late May through early September? Is it because the tracks are busy with other things and we have to take what we can get? Like I said, I probably just don't know what actually goes on behind the scenes to figure these things out. And, hell, many people like racing in the rain. It just sucks hearing these injury stories every week...
    is heading south an option for you?

Member- Board of Directors XB9Racer's Avatar

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes to ALL those involved. Injured parties, families, friends and fellow racers.

This shows both the worst part of racing (crashing and injuries) but also the best part of racing (caring about your fellow racers).

Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em comin'. It's the only way some of us have to get information. Just make sure it's correct before posting. Nothing worse than mis-information.

Looking forward to Spokane and the holiday week-end. (and sunshine, maybe.)

Drive Safe.
    Jeff "Penguin" Wieand
    Formerly WMRRA #69
    WMRRA BoD

Hey everyone - I'm Oliver's wife. Just wanted to thank you for your kind words and to let you know he's doing fine - lots of good painkillers. He broke both bones in his lower leg. The operated Sunday night and put in some pins and plates. He'll be at the hospital in Portland for another day or so at least.

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to the rest of the injured riders and their families. We wish everyone a speedy recovery.