Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
The good and bad from OMRRA today - 5/20/2007
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default The good and bad from OMRRA today - 5/20/2007

The good, All the fastest racers were the WMRRA guys:Mike Sullivan,Mark Gulin,Patrick Bertram,Tom Wertman.

The Bad, 4 Red flags in 600 superbike, causing some serious injuries.

Oliver Jervis : broken Leg. suposedly in two places

Tom Wertman: broken collarbone.

Jeff Seehorn: Supposedly broken pelvic bone.

Quite a few others too, but not sure of injuries.

I only say "Supposedly" because that was the word at the track, nothing official.

If you hear anymore updates or info , post em up please

Lets put out our prayers for these guys.

Geezz....that sounds like carnage!

Heal up everyone...its too early to end your 2007 season.

Quote Originally Posted by pappawheelie View Post
    Tom Wertman: broken collarbone.

Jeff Seehorn: Supposedly broken pelvic bone.
    does anybody know how they fell?

This is terrible. When more details or confirmation about Oliver's condition are available, a further posting (or PM) would be much appreciated, as he's a friend of mine and there are lots of other people up here in B.C. who support him and would want to know how he's doing. Many thanks.

My prayers and wishes for speedy recoveries go out to all of the injured riders.
    Last edited by Zoom; 05-21-2007 at 01:46 AM.

Grid Fluffer for hire! Lauralynne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moto View Post
    does anybody know how they fell?
    conditions at Portland were wet wet wet - the hydroplaning on the front straight was pretty bad according to Sully. The class gridded and took off and made it through 1 and going into 2, 2 of the front riders bumped and crashed, Wertman tried to split the carnage and blipped the throttle and ended up highsiding. T3 was where Jervis highsided - the Pinkstaff family was reporting that he would be in Portland for a couple of days due to surgery on his leg, they were packing up his trailer for someone to take North. I'm not sure who has more news on him.

Bottom line is that it was just very wet out.
    Laura
    WMRRA's slowest Expert
    Growing the race team by 1 in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Lauralynne View Post
    conditions at Portland were wet wet wet - the hydroplaning on the front straight was pretty bad according to Sully. The class gridded and took off and made it through 1 and going into 2, 2 of the front riders bumped and crashed, Wertman tried to split the carnage and blipped the throttle and ended up highsiding. T3 was where Jervis highsided - the Pinkstaff family was reporting that he would be in Portland for a couple of days due to surgery on his leg, they were packing up his trailer for someone to take North. I'm not sure who has more news on him.

the bottem line is it was a mess.

thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauralynne View Post

Thank you very much for the news. It's just good to know he's being well taken care of so I can let people know up here.

I just got off the phone with Dave Hosea (WMRRA #205) and good friend of the Jeff and his family.
    Looks like the break to the pelvis was due to the femur being pushed up into the hip socket resulting in a broken pelvis, hip, and leg. He is in a Portland hospital and is doing well. He is awaiting surgery.

This year doesn't seem to be starting off well. Hopefully all recover quickly, I'll be thinkin of ya.
    #343 - number of Fire Fighter's killed on 9/11/01

Grid Fluffer for hire! Lauralynne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Presidente View Post
    I just got off the phone with Dave Hosea (WMRRA #205) and good friend of the Jeff and his family.
    Looks like the break to the pelvis was due to the femur being pushed up into the hip socket resulting in a broken pelvis, hip, and leg. He is in a Portland hospital and is doing well. He is awaiting surgery.
    Thanks for the update - hopefully all goes without a hitch
    Laura
    WMRRA's slowest Expert
    Growing the race team by 1 in 2011