Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Interim President - BoD statement?

Default Interim President - BoD statement?

Perhaps more details have been (officially) issued and I've missed them, so this isn't accusatory - but I think that the general membership is entitled to understand a bit more of the thought process behind the decision to replace Mark with Cliff than just "this happened, let's move on".

I know all the people involved, and I trust that every one of them (Jeff/Phil/Damon/Tim, Mark, and Cliff) have the best interests of the club in mind, but regardless of one's stance on the decision itself, summary replacement of a sitting President is a shocking event. Questions, rumors and emotions are swirling among the membership and a measured explanation of why this decision was made and how it was reached would go a long way. Tim was wise to be cautious of releasing "storied details", but it should be possible to discuss reasoning without dragging anyone through any unnecessary mud.
    Chris Sarbora #64
    Studio819 Photography

Wide open 'til you see God...

WMRRA Board of Directors

Hi, Chris - Sorry to take so long to address your comments and questions, but the BoD wants to speak as one voice on this issue and Tim is currently in Northern California in the middle of a west coast bicycle ride. Therefore, it's taken a bit of effort and coordination to put together our comments to properly address and answer your questions. So we all thank you for your patience.

These have been a difficult 13 months between Mark and your Board of Directors. In short Mark has not lived up to agreements he made with the BoD. These agreements, amended more than one time due to Mark’s failure to keep them, were made with the best interests of the club as a whole in mind. Ultimately, after several failures, and a legal matter that included a very troubling criminal charge, we reluctantly felt forced to take action. These circumstances, considered together, cemented our decision that Mark was not the best fit to lead the club at this point in time.

We agree that we should all be grateful for a good season. We know and appreciate Mark’s role in that, but as you now know, the total picture was not as positive. Regarding the comment "last year was the one of the best ever...,” we didn’t make as much money as we expected. There were a few transactions undertaken by Mark without the sufficient controls, and the result is that we under-performed for the 2017 season. We are lucky in that we had a hard working, creative E-board, a good economy, and great weather to attract racers. We were not affected by rain as we have been in the past. Even so, the climb back to financial health has been slower than it could have been and that we need it to be.

Mark brought some enthusiasm back to the club. His financial and legal dealings overshadowed that benefit at this time. We were advised by legal counsel to address the issue of having him lead the tribe when the legal issue arose.

Regarding the poor communication between the Executive Board and the Board of Directors, this has been a difficult year that was not made better by the circumstances leading to this decision. However, Cliff Beebe has stepped in as the Interim President and has stated that one of his top goals is to rebuild the relationship between the Executive Board, the Board of Directors, and the General Membership of the club. We are poised for another good year and we are sure that we can not only survive, but thrive in this new environment.

Please support Cliff and the entire Executive Board as they work to make WMRRA the premiere motorcycle road racing club; and not just on the West Coast, but in the entire United States.

Respectfully,
    Jeff Wieand
    Damon Wells
    Phil Cook
    Tim O'Mahony
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

Thanks Phil! That does answer a bunch of questions, and is very helpful. I'm sure we're still in for an interesting couple months, however.. I don't envy you guys your positions and I don't imagine making the decision was easy either. Huge bummer for Mark, and huge bummer for the club as well to stall the season's momentum with the turmoil.. but I also definitely understand how outside factors can affect businesses. Here's hoping Cliff and the E-Board can make sure we keep moving forward smoothly.
    Chris Sarbora #64
    Studio819 Photography

Wide open 'til you see God...

1. the BoD managed to come together to make a decision that impacts the org greatly while one of you was out of town but couldn't take the time to form a common statement beyond your original super vague one that did not allow for comments? i find it somewhat mind bottling that you'd think that would fly with members. I feel the same way about this statement but at least it pretends to provide some info.
    2. people really need to stop calling WMRRA a tribe.

WMRRA Board of Directors

The BoD decision was made prior to Tim leaving on his road trip and the formal announcement was made while Tim was on the road, so our response was tailored to the questions asked after the decision was announced. It does make it a bit long-flow, but we wanted to make sure that we addressed Chris's (and others) comments. We live and work in a virtual world, it's just that one member is offline for 8 hours each day and the rest of us are at work, which adds duration to our response.

If you have specific requests, you are welcome to ask. There are some items that we have been advised to withhold for the time being, but we will gladly take your requests and answer them the best we can.

If you don't want to publicly post anything, you can contact me via PM and we can exchange personal contact information. I'm as available as I can be, and if I can't respond right away, I'll let you know when I can get back to you.

Phil

The BoD decision was made prior to Tim leaving on his road trip and the formal announcement was made while Tim was on the road, so our response was tailored to the questions asked after the decision was announced. It does make it a bit long-flow, but we wanted to make sure that we addressed Chris's (and others) comments. We live and work in a virtual world, it's just that one member is offline for 8 hours each day and the rest of us are at work, which adds duration to our response.

If you have specific requests, you are welcome to ask. There are some items that we have been advised to withhold for the time being, but we will gladly take your requests and answer them the best we can.

If you don't want to publicly post anything, you can contact me via PM and we can exchange personal contact information. I'm as available as I can be, and if I can't respond right away, I'll let you know when I can get back to you.

Phil
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin