Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Cripple Triple Class Interest
    Blog Entries

Default Cripple Triple Class Interest

So I remember hearing about someone trying to get this class off the ground and drum up interest at one of the round's rider meetings. I'm not sure who it was or who may be interested.

ultimately, it would be a fun class to run and it would be competitive from what I've seen, similar to clubman, 600 Classic SBK or the 250 cup. The way to get the R6's setup is pretty easy and there are a couple different ways to modify the bike that allow you to continue to run it as a 600 the same day. Manually converting it takes as little as 10 minutes or the harness method is as simple as a switch converting the harness used.

Im not sure how many people are interested to run this class but from what I've researched I've found the following pros and cons:

Pros:
    -same bike, same setup, less power (a rider is already used to the settings)
    -run the same bike in more classes
    -drop power from ~100hp to ~70Hp meaning racecraft gets honed
    -tires aren't used up after a race and can sustain multiple rounds
    -inexpensive alternative to a new bike or second bike for racing multiple classes

cons:
    -running a triple runs one cylinder without fuel or spark. (Basically an air pump) not how the motor was designed but not damaging necessarily
    -depending on modification, can cost time to convert on racedays
    -lack of interest based on lack of information or popularity.

Who is interested? There's a few different people that can help up get it started and I'll pioneer the rule book and lift off for this is there's potential for the class to run. I also have a lead on some guys that can help with conversion harnesses and setup. OMRRA and AFM run this with a good deal of success and interest. Let's see where we can get.
    MAVERICKS RACING
    Thanks to our sponsors:
    Vortex, SIDI Boots, Hotbodies Racing, Nels 2 Wheel Dynoworks, EBC Brakes, Dunlop Tires, Matrix Solutions, Scorpion, Insurrection Performance, 2Fast Track Days, Who is Dane Photography, Moto-Hose.

I'd be interested. I'd like to run in both 600 and lightweight classes next year, but the idea of prepping and hauling a second lightweight bike is a bit daunting. I think we could pitch this at next year's NRS classroom session. It'd be cool to host a workshop demonstrating the conversion on some of the popular bikes. We could throw in a $100 purse or something and I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest to get the class off the ground

This is an interesting concept and could be a good thing. My only question is which classes would be eliminated in order to add a new race or would this run alongside an existing class on the track?

Cripple Triples were added to the rulebook last season, so no real changes needed there. Rules are essentially the same as OMRRA, with a couple of eligible classes to run. These bikes are superbikes by default.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4

It be cool to have a Formula 4 or 450 class like OMRRA has, but there hasn't been the turnout/support needed to make it's own class as of yet. I have a converted ZX6r and raced the last three Rounds this year.

Dave Moss was the guy that showed up for a 2 Fast Trackdays, and a couple rounds this year. He's one of the main 450 proponents through AFM, and has some great stuff posted here on the internet relating to suspension set-up and 450's, along with his own app that had TONS of good track advice on it.

Needs to be some rule proposals for next year. LWSBK and 500SBK (The two races 450's are eligible for) are run at the same time. This means you can only pick one to race. LWSBK being the better race for the bike, as 450's can range 70 to 80 horsepower. They compete very well with built 650 twins, and the 650 SBK's. I did ask other 650 racers, and entered a 650 twins class in Round 5, but felt a bit guilty as GSXR front ends and brakes (conversions) are not allowed on SV's in this class. Didn't enter this again, and stuck with LWSBK and MW GP Twins, mainly thanks to the guys in the SV classes.

Going to try a rule proposal to allow 450's in MW GP Twins, and perhaps change the name to MW GP, similar to something OMRRA has, I believe. Not sure what else can be proposed.

I don't really understand the WMRRA 500 SBK class, or how it was started. Seems to fit the 450 well, but the competing bikes? I don't remember seeing anyone out there on any 500's, mostly 300's and 390's with some 250's mixed in. Bikes that I think can't really compete with the 450 triple. Also, the schedule problem as mentioned before.

Anyhow, the bike has been dead reliable this year. Hats off to Nels for getting the bike tuned and dyno'd after the conversion. I really thought the concept sounded a little iffy at first, but I have wrung the snot out of the bike with no problems for 3 years now.

Throw some ideas out there if anyone has 'em.
    Sponsored by: MAC's Cycle and Woodcraft Technologies

There are currently rules proposed to allow 450 multi-cylinder bikes into MW GP Twins, 650 SS Twins (bike in SS trim except for the cylinder disablement), and 500 SBK. We'll see how it goes. I'd be surprised if there aren't more classes to race the 450 in next season. Colt is also aware of the conflicting class issue, so we'll try not to let that happen again.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4