Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Fu ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fu ?

Default Fu ?

Is FU raced both Sat and Sun or did the big bikes just lose a race ?
    WMRRA #46
    15 R1
    11 ZX10r
    09 R1 sold
    07 R6 sold

FU is now 1- 16lap race
    WMRRA #666

Support those, who support us!

GGR Support and Sponsors
    Aftermarketcycles.com
    CMC Performance - Bridgestone Tires
    Silver Lining Transportation
    KFG Racing
    Darren Beatty Photography
    To all the friends and Family, Thank you!

Ya id consider that a loss 4 races to 3 for a SS big bike. Im all for paying chromie as much as the next guy but i dont see this as win for the membership just so the club can now advertise purses.
    WMRRA #46
    15 R1
    11 ZX10r
    09 R1 sold
    07 R6 sold

The #1 plate holder last season did not dominate the FU class.
    WMRRA #666

GGR Support and Sponsors
    Aftermarketcycles.com
    KFG Racing

despite being totally irrelevant to the conversation your only correct by 20 points on a 900 point season so ...
    WMRRA #46
    15 R1
    11 ZX10r
    09 R1 sold
    07 R6 sold

You brought up 'paying chromie'. Last season #1 plate won the championship because he also raced a 600.
    A 600 rider effectively has 5 different classes to be competitive in. The Litre only riders still have 3, and each has a purse available. The dual FU format wasn't sustainable for a number of reasons, and yes- marketing the class to sponsors was a consideration.
    WMRRA #666

GGR Support and Sponsors
    Aftermarketcycles.com
    KFG Racing

It's now a single "main event" 16 lap race. Same laps as before, except one race instead of two.

It's not about advertising purses, it's about growing the club and racing in the region. If it doesn't work this season then tell your rider rep., but give it a chance please. We're always looking at ways to improve the club overall, and we think bringing in serious sponsors is the best way.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4

WMRRA Board of Directors

I'm excited about a 16 lap "main event." I remember back a couple of years ago there were exactly two big bike classes, Open SS and Formula Ultra. No Open Superbike at all. So the big bikes had two races. But we created Open SBK to get more riding opportunities for the big bikes, then we doubled the FU heats, so a big bike rider had Open SS, Open SBK, and FU (X2). But even though it looks like we are losing a track session when we are really rewarding those on the big bikes with a "proper race" that will test man and machine.

Good luck to the big bike riders, I know that I can even handle all 90+ HP of my F3, so doubling the HP would put me into low-earth orbit PDQ.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

WMRRA Board of Directors

I'm excited about a 16 lap "main event." I remember back a couple of years ago there were exactly two big bike classes, Open SS and Formula Ultra. No Open Superbike at all. So the big bikes had two races. But we created Open SBK to get more riding opportunities for the big bikes, then we doubled the FU heats, so a big bike rider had Open SS, Open SBK, and FU (X2). But even though it looks like we are losing a track session when we are really rewarding those on the big bikes with a "proper race" that will test man and machine.

Good luck to the big bike riders, I know that I can even handle all 90+ HP of my F3, so doubling the HP would put me into low-earth orbit PDQ.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin