Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Novice in Clubman Qualifier

Default Novice in Clubman Qualifier

Regarding the new rule change for 2017 - If a Novice petitions and is approved to race Clubman Qualifier events does that mean s/he can race in both the Novice and the Clubman Qualifier races in the same weekend or is it Clubman Qualifier instead of the Novice race?

Such a stupid new rule, totally goes against the spirit of the class. DUMB!!!
    David Marod
    Crossley Ford/Mad Hatter Motorsports
    AMA 87 WMRRA 87 OMMRA 87x
    Gary Crossley Ford-KFG Racing-Ducati Seattle SPG-SpeedDealer-Fuzimoto-EBC Brakes-Silkolene fuchs-Woodcraft-Vortex-Pitposse-Thank you!!

"Motocycle racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague
    wish for something salty
    ."
    -Peter Egan

WMRRA Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by RRux View Post
    Regarding the new rule change for 2017 - If a Novice petitions and is approved to race Clubman Qualifier events does that mean s/he can race in both the Novice and the Clubman Qualifier races in the same weekend or is it Clubman Qualifier instead of the Novice race?
    Contact Rob Workman at NoviceRep@wmrra.com for clarification. There isn't a lot of action on the forum, so most of the time it's best to reach out to the relevant representative/authority.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

WMRRA Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by RRux View Post
    Contact Rob Workman at NoviceRep@wmrra.com for clarification. There isn't a lot of action on the forum, so most of the time it's best to reach out to the relevant representative/authority.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by MinorThreat View Post
    Such a stupid new rule, totally goes against the spirit of the class. DUMB!!!
    Agreed. The CQ class was already really large, adding more racers with less actual racing experience does not seem like a great idea to me. We'll see how it goes

A novice approved for clubman will be able to run in both novice and clubman on the same weekend much like they do in OMRRA. Except that we make sure they can at least ride safely where ommra allows first time racers in the sportsman class. The spirit of the rule is to allow progressing, and deserving, novices the chance if they want it, by mid season, to add another race to their weekend. As for crowding there are a number of other classes available. With the large number of DQs we had last year, me being one of them, my personal opinion is that clubman as it is could use some thinning and as a consequence upper tier class competition could, I hope, benefit
    WMRRA# 17
    WMMRA contingency rep
    BIG MAMA RACING team member
    Yes I do know Chase and I have no idea where Troy Brogdon is...... after tech closes
    "anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing" Hunter T

I would agree that making sure a racer can compete safely above the novice level is a great idea. However, of the three "measures" two are almost entirely subjective. The one objectively measurable item is completing four races (even that number seems arbitrary and could be managed in 2 rounds). I would prefer to see a more standardized method for evaluating the other measures to provide a little more objective qualification standard. I personally don't see the CQ class getting smaller, I see it being as large as ever. The attrition comes from getting faster, last year was a little exceptional if I recall with the number of people who met the time DQ standards. Not all of us can regularly race and meet those standards due to personal or professional commitments, so CQ was a great class to run in. Now I am not so sure. But, that is just my opinion, and I will wait to see how the season goes.

As mentioned. CQ will become available to those Novices that have met the 4 race criteria ( and can prove with documentation) that want to petition to do so. The subjective portion is correct. That being said the Novice has to pas a mentor sign off as well as race Director. So in other words it would be treated as an intermediate graduation. In not all of the criteria is passed, then that Novice will not be allowed to race in CQ until those criteria can be met.

Rob #62
    2017 Novice Rep
    '06 GSXR 750
    '03 RC51
    '17 Novice Rep

Got it, I will just withhold judgment. If the intent was really to get more races for Novices, taking one novice practice and converting it to another novice race seems a better way.