Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Rule Proposals Period Open (2017 Rulebook)

Default Rule Proposals Period Open (2017 Rulebook)

The rule proposal period for the 2017 rulebook is open. The rule proposal period has been extended by one month, to November 1. Therefore, any rule proposals for the 2017 season must be received on or before November 1, 2016.

Rule proposals should be submitted to the rider rep (Greg Canright) at supersport.rep@wmrra.com

If you're a Novice rider, submit your rule proposals to the novice rep (Rob Workman) at novice.rep@wmrra.com

Section Y of the 2016 rulebook governs proposal formats. Please review, but in short any rule proposal must contain the following information:

1) Section and Paragraph of the rulebook that the proposal affects.
    2) The exact text of the proposed rule.
    3) The existing rulebook text.
    4) The reason for the proposal.
    5) The name of the person submitting the proposal.

Please be as concise as possible. After all of the proposals are received, they will be reviewed to determine which proposals constitute an actual rule change (as opposed to a process type of suggestion). The full list of rule proposals will then be posted to the forum. The rules committee will then meet to discuss the proposals and the 2017 rulebook will be issued.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-17-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4

Just a reminder - tomorrow is the deadline for rules proposals. Anything received after will not be considered for the 2017 rulebook.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4

Rule proposal are now closed. Thanks for all of the input. We received three rule proposals, summarized below. This is just a quick summary of the proposals.

1. Clubman Qualifier - Proposal to allow novices to race in Clubman Qualifier class, provided they've completed 4 Novice races and have a recommendation from their mentor or the rider rep. This was proposed to give novices more racing opportunities.

2. Gear Tech. - Proposal to utilize round-specific gear tech stickers on helmets instead of season-specific. Gear would still only be checked once per season, except in the event of a crash when it would need to be re-inspected, as is required now. New helmet stickers would be issued as part of the bike tech. process at each round. This was proposed to improve rider safety by making it easier on WMRRA staff to make sure everyone's gear is in the required shape.

3. Subframes - Proposal to allow non-OEM material aftermarket subframes in the Supersport classes. With the proliferation of expensive subframe materials (i.e. Magnesium) on OEM motorcycles, this proposal is trying to make crash repair costs more reasonable by allowing units made from cheaper and more flexible materials (i.e. Aluminum).
    Last edited by Jeremy; 11-02-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4

For anyone interested, the minutes from the rules committee meeting (11/12/16) are at the link below.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqWsARlqKQ1CgY8QBoG9ijPgL5X2iQ

I apologize for the delay in posting these - no other reason than I got busy and forgot. If anyone has a problem with the link, send me a PM and I can email you a copy. The forum won't let me just upload the PDF.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4