Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ninja 250R (2nd gen) race bike with title and all street parts

Default Ninja 250R (2nd gen) race bike with title and all street parts

For sale is a 2008 (I have to double check on the year, might be 2009) Ninja 250r race bike.

The good:
    - Bike was purchased in mint condition with 0 issues / scratches, etc., all parts were removed and stored, so comes with a full street kit, title, etc. (I had to cut off the kickstand bracket, as is standard procedure, can be welded back, or use enduro style mount)
    - Dave Alexander @ FSS did a lot of the work to convert it, fork has emulators, springs, proper oil mixture, adjustable for preload via new caps
    - Rear shock is a breathed on GSXR shock, custom machined spacers, etc., (correct geometry and spacing), has a new spring (everything is setup for 170lb rider, this is on bathroom scales, no gear)
    - Yoshimura full exhaust, tuned by Speed Dealer on dyno
    - Shorai battery
    - Complete rearsets (e-bay brand, copy of Sato), comes with a complete spare rearset (I got 2 when ordering)
    - Vortex clips ons
    - HH brake pads and braided line up front
    - Vortex gearing (3-4 combinations to cover PR, PIR, Ridge)
    - Non-O-ring light 520 chain
    - Always used "normal" synthetic oil (not 0 weight, yes makes less power, but not as hard on the motor)
    - Safety wired per WMRRA spec
    - Pirelli tyres (SC front, Roso II back) with 3 track days on them
    - Spare wheels with Pirelli rains mounted, *never used* brand new
    - Custom fairing stay (home made)
    - Vapor dash
    - Hot Bodies fiberglass bodywork with plastidip paint job (getting a bit ugly in places), I have more plaint that will come with the bike if you want it
    - Double bubble windscreen
    - Bike never been down on the ground in street or race form
    - Might be forgetting a few things...

The bad:
    - I'm slow as &@^$, but that's not really your problem

$5500 OBO
    Last edited by Nex; 08-15-2016 at 09:47 AM.

These typically go for slightly more than half of what you're asking, even with all the kit. Bought mine for 3 with a nice Nitron shock on the back plus everything you've listed. If you're getting lowballs or no offers, that might be why. Ever since the Ninja 300/RC390/R3 came out these dropped in value a bit.

Nice ride!
    WMRRA #479
    2014 Vintage 500 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RK600 View Post
    These typically go for slightly more than half of what you're asking, even with all the kit. Bought mine for 3 with a nice Nitron shock on the back plus everything you've listed. If you're getting lowballs or no offers, that might be why. Ever since the Ninja 300/RC390/R3 came out these dropped in value a bit.

Nice ride!
    Thanks for feedback. Street bike with title on CL ~$2500-3k + kit seems like an alright deal to me. I'm pretty content for this to sit until people start planning for next season and then listen to offers. Worst case, this goes back on the street and race kit is parted out. Would not want to do that with Dave's work, but money talks.

Happy 2017 ya'all. I'm a lot more interested in selling the package! Make an offer, come see it (Seattle).

I bought my 2010 Ninja 250 for $2200, but that was three years ago... Unfortunately I sold it when I upgraded to a CBR 600. But now I'm looking to race, and think it would be smart to start on a smaller bike, so I'm looking for a race-ready Ninja 250. But $5500 is definitely overpriced. I don't think I'd pay more than $3,000 for it, even with all accessories included. If that's reasonable to you, then please let me know. But this posting has sat for a very long time, so I highly doubt you will find a full-price offer.