Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Getting Air Lifted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting Air Lifted

Hi All,

I would like to say Thank you! to all who responded to the Open GP twins crash during Rd 2. WMRRA staff, Medical staff, and Airlift NW. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! also to those that helped get my stuff packed up and get it home for us. All the well wishes and support were greatly appreciated as well!

A few years ago there was talk of getting a membership with Airlift NW here on the forum. I thought it was a wise idea, so I joined. Not that I ever planned to be airlifted! Sounds like I may be one of the first to be lifted from the Ridge. The way I understand the benefits of membership is: Once your normal insurance gets billed for the lift, Airlift NW membership would cover the rest. I'm hoping this is the case!

I'm not trying to put anybody in a bad light here, just trying to show the facts of life! In hopes that fellow racers will make sure they have themselves covered in case "IT happens to them".

These bills are BEFORE they have been submitted to my Premera Blue Cross Insurance. The bill for the medics at the track was $1020. I'm not sure I was actually transported anywhere? The bill for the air lift was just a few dollars shy of $24,000.

I'm glad these people were available to help me out! Just know that not many of us can afford to pay bills like this, so be prepared ahead of time!

Will most likely keep you updated as to how this goes. Might be real good advertisement for Aircare memberships!

Brad #159

Were would one get such information and apply? I can not remember for the life of me where to apply.
    WMRRA #117
    2017 Sponsors:
    GoPro
    Paulson's
    KFG & GP Suspensions
    Martin Way Collision
    EVLution Nutrition
    Shoria
    The Right Stuff
    Forcefield Body Armor
    AMSOIL
    AXO
    LEATT
    GOPUCK
    OGIO
    Matrix Concepts

"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!"

Jason Boyle
    WMRRA #40

WMRRA Board of Directors

https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1614227-VqE9yHYhrS

I joined a couple of years ago, I need to renew. This isn't just for road racing, it's for any airlift in the state of Washington, and I believe Idaho and Oregon as well. And, you can add up to six family members (dependents under your insurance coverage) for the paltry sum of $79 per year, or $155 for two years. I signed up for peace of mind dirt biking as I was tapering off my road racing, but I think that it's worth every penny for any activity that takes you away from the I-5 corridor or into any NW Wilderness.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

Specifically: http://www.uwmedicine.org/airlift-nw/aircare/washington

$79 per year for you and all family members. It covers all fees not covered by your primary insurance carrier.

Airlift NW is a great deal. I'll keep renewing even when I'm done racing.
    '11 Aprilia RSV4

Marshall of All Corners

Absolutely! I'm currently signed up for two years, myself.
    All your DFL are belong to me!
    After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF...

Good stuff Brad!

I haven't been with out this since 2009 or so when I first heard of it, and just renewed for two years.

It's damn cheap considering the total costs... just a little more peace of mind.

Hope you're healing up buddy!
    WMMRA #174
    Thanks to:
    Lynnwood Motoplex, HMC Racing and my wife

Glad you are doing better, definately cheap insurance for the service. Please let us know how well it works out and get well dude!
    Greg

As I understand it, the $79 annual fee also covers your household, not just you. I got airlifted from The Ridge on Father's Day last year and despite a $50K bill between the flight and the ER visit, my cost was $50.00. Not sure if that was because of Airlift NW or because my health coverage is just that good, but I definitely didn't ask any questions. HIGHLY recommend it! Glad to hear you and Erick are doing okay!
    Dave Landes
    WMRRA #45

Sponsors/Supporters:
    Brothers' Powersports
    Dunlop
    Takai Racing
    Optimum Performance Rider Training
    Mike Velasco Racing