Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Any update on Brad or Erick - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Holy crap

Get both well soon
    WMRRA# 878

Marshall of All Corners

Heal well, the both of you, and come back to us out on track.
    All your DFL are belong to me!
    After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF...

Quote Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
    Hi All !! Thanks for all the help and well wishes! Sorry to Erick for running him over! As I was slowly remembering what had happened... was at the hospital at this point... all I had was an image of someone down in the track in front of me! As I'm laying there I kept thinking... Did I just run someone over? HORRIBLE feeling! Hopefully you will heal well!
    We just got home Tues. afternoon about 5ish. 3 broken ribs, scapula, clavicle ( was plated - broke on both sides of plate ) and a fracture on the C2 which will require me to wear a neck brace for 3 weeks to possibly 3 months! Doing well and looking forward to riding again although it will probably be a while!

Thank you again for all the help!

Brad #159
    Brad so glad to hear you are doing relatively ok. You had me pretty worried when I first got to you, but I knew things were going to be ok when I told you not to give the medics a hard time through the ambulance door and you called me by my name without seeing me-huge sigh of relief man. Heal up and see you back soon!
    Craig Johnson WMRRA Corner Captain
    corner.captain@wmrra dot com

Thanks Craig!

That's funny! Because I don't remember anything in between a split second before the crash to the point of the helicopter taking off!

Doing fine. Have been able to take it very easy. Haven't worked since before the crash. Will probably slowly get some work done this week. A few days ago I was FINALLY able to wipe with my right hand! You know.... it's the small things in life that make things pleasant! LOL!

Won't be riding Round 3 but maybe I can wave a flag at a corner or do some announcing or something. See you all soon!

Brad #159

Thanks Craig!

That's funny! Because I don't remember anything in between a split second before the crash to the point of the helicopter taking off!

Doing fine. Have been able to take it very easy. Haven't worked since before the crash. Will probably slowly get some work done this week. A few days ago I was FINALLY able to wipe with my right hand! You know.... it's the small things in life that make things pleasant! LOL!

Won't be riding Round 3 but maybe I can wave a flag at a corner or do some announcing or something. See you all soon!

Brad #159

Good to hear things are progressing Brad!

See you in a couple weeks if you're up for hanging out at the track.

Thanks Craig!

Brad #159
    I'm not shocked you don't remember anything, lol. Did you feel the pilot bang the tail on the ground at take off? And boy do I know what you mean about the little things, haha.
    Craig Johnson WMRRA Corner Captain
    corner.captain@wmrra dot com

Brad, as my mentor I don't know that you're setting the best example. I'm gonna pass on the whole helicopter ride thing if you don't mind. Glad to see you're on the mend.

mc

Glad to hear you're getting back to work. I lost my WMRRA hitch cover and need another!

Sponsors
    Working my ass off.
    An understanding wife.

Had a check up at Harborview Spine Clinic today. Had high hopes of getting this neck brace off.... Everything looks like it's still straight, in place and should heal well on it's own. Just need to be careful AND wear the neck brace for three more weeks! Could be a lot worse I suppose!

So, they are calling it an Avulsion Fracture. This is where instead of a ligament tearing, the ligament stays attached but tears off a piece bone from where it was attached. So, now on the left side of the C2 vertebrae there
    is a small chunk of bone that a ligament has torn off. This is most likely from a side to side motion. No other plans for surgeries on the other issues either ( clavicle, scapula, ribs ).

Will just need time to take it easy and refrain from the urges to get out and tear it up!. Will probably come down for Rd. 3 to watch some races, help out if I can, AND give my Novice racers a hard time! See you out there!

Erick, How are you doing? Will bring your gear with. Can meet you there, or drop off on the way. Let me know!

BTW: I will try get some more Hitches made soon. We have the material in the shop.....

Brad #159

thanks for the update Brad
    KFG, Motion pro , Vortex Racing, EBC , Kabuto Helmets