Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Super Teams - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Thadzx10R View Post
    Here is the problem with endurance racing or at least setting up a competitive endurance bike ....
    I have a $1100 into just being able to put 5 gal of gas in the tank
    in under 6 sec

$1400 in being able to change tires in under 15 sec

Pluse all the suspension and other race parts you need to be competitive

And here is the best part I have 2 other riders that can toss my huge investment down the track and be out nothing hahaha

And all this for 1 endurance race on the calendar ....
    I have $500 invested into putting 5 gals of gas into 2 bike tanks

I have $200 invested into 2 bikes to allow me to do wheel changes when we're on our game in approx 25 seconds.

I bought both of my R6 for $2,500 each.

My 03 has 6 e-races on a $100 police recovery motor.

Seat time, Seat time, Seat time................You can't beat e-races for the experience and fun.

Experts only need to ride the first and last 20 minutes.

12 e-races in and my bikes have only touched the ground twice. 1st one by me and other than straightening a brake lever and dumping the mud and slurry out of the belly pan it was good to finish the race. We lost 10 minutes total on the 2nd crash from the time the bike hit the ground in 13 @ the ridge until it was hard on the gas exiting the pits. New shifter and straighten footpeg. Both incidents are now fond memories of the festival of monkeys that blessed on our pits during the scramble to get the bikes back on the track.

Get your teams together!

See you on the grid!
    moderation in moderation
    "bull fighting,mountain climbing and moto racing are the only true sports, all the rest are merely games." stolen quote
    WmrrA # 888

Marshall of All Corners

If any team needs a mid-race stint filler (Novice), I'm in.
    All your DFL are belong to me!
    After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF...

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaOfOdin87 View Post
    As a novice, I couldn't really care less about being competitive in an endurance race. The seat time and general fun of being at a race track for 8 hours is what appeals to me.

If anyone is interested in starting a team, or is looking for teammates let me know.
    That’s good then because as a novice you won’t be
    WMRRA #112
    AMRRA #2
    Syndicate 6 Racing

Sponsors:
    KFG racing
    Scorpion EXO
    VORTEX
    Mt Backer Motorsports
    Amsoil

Quote Originally Posted by S4rs888 View Post
    I have $500 invested into putting 5 gals of gas into 2 bike tanks

I have $200 invested into 2 bikes to allow me to do wheel changes when we're on our game in approx 25 seconds.

I bought both of my R6 for $2,500 each.

My 03 has 6 e-races on a $100 police recovery motor.

Seat time, Seat time, Seat time................You can't beat e-races for the experience and fun.

Experts only need to ride the first and last 20 minutes.

12 e-races in and my bikes have only touched the ground twice. 1st one by me and other than straightening a brake lever and dumping the mud and slurry out of the belly pan it was good to finish the race. We lost 10 minutes total on the 2nd crash from the time the bike hit the ground in 13 @ the ridge until it was hard on the gas exiting the pits. New shifter and straighten footpeg. Both incidents are now fond memories of the festival of monkeys that blessed on our pits during the scramble to get the bikes back on the track.

Get your teams together!

See you on the grid!

HAHA I think my post may have been taken wrong i was not saying that endurance racing is or has to be expensive, I was merely stating how much this is all a shocking to me (setting up a E bike) and trying to be as competitive as my team can.
    WMRRA #112
    AMRRA #2
    Syndicate 6 Racing

Sponsors:
    KFG racing
    Scorpion EXO
    VORTEX
    Mt Backer Motorsports
    Amsoil

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaOfOdin87 View Post
    As a novice, I couldn't really care less about being competitive in an endurance race. The seat time and general fun of being at a race track for 8 hours is what appeals to me.

If anyone is interested in starting a team, or is looking for teammates let me know.

I think i will try to get a team together, pending more races. I'm not confident that the memorial day race will be a reality, but i'm going to start planning for it. Like was said, seat time > winning, IMHO.

We have at least one Expert so far, and three novices, so the 8 hours wouldn't be terribly bad in that perspective. Pit stops are not the concern of mine, instead being able to learn and push my skill-set to another level and learn from the guys on the team.

It's going to be fun for sure I've been racing for many years and I'm very excited about doing my 1st E race my team is solid, hell one of my teammates is pro so that can't hurt and both myself and mark are AMRRA 1 plate holders so we are just trying to set up the best bike we can.
    WMRRA #112
    AMRRA #2
    Syndicate 6 Racing

Sponsors:
    KFG racing
    Scorpion EXO
    VORTEX
    Mt Backer Motorsports
    Amsoil

Dedicated Spectator and TOR junkie. Worldtraveller's Avatar

Here is the problem with endurance racing or at least setting up a competitive endurance bike ....
    I have a $1100 into just being able to put 5 gal of gas in the tank
    in under 6 sec

$1400 in being able to change tires in under 15 sec

Pluse all the suspension and other race parts you need to be competitive

And here is the best part I have 2 other riders that can toss my huge investment down the track and be out nothing hahaha

And all this for 1 endurance race on the calendar ....
    This is one reason to endurance race in the two-fiddy class. Two hour race on a single tank and one set of tires.
    Current Rides:
    '08 CBR600RR
    .07 GS500F
    '89 PC800 Pacific Coast - RIP, Moby the Great White Frigidaire.

HAHA I think my post may have been taken wrong i was not saying that endurance racing is or has to be expensive, I was merely stating how much this is all a shocking to me (setting up a E bike) and trying to be as competitive as my team can.
    No worries. I just didn't want potential teams to think they had to spend a lot of money to be competitive.
    moderation in moderation
    "bull fighting,mountain climbing and moto racing are the only true sports, all the rest are merely games." stolen quote
    WmrrA # 888

I heart you old man. Looking forward to the season. One of these days we will put an e-team together.......ok probably not. I do miss my mentor!

D
    David Marod
    Crossley Ford/Mad Hatter Motorsports
    AMA 87 WMRRA 87 OMMRA 87x
    Gary Crossley Ford-KFG Racing-Ducati Seattle SPG-SpeedDealer-Fuzimoto-EBC Brakes-Silkolene fuchs-Woodcraft-Vortex-Pitposse-Thank you!!

"Motocycle racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague
    wish for something salty
    ."
    -Peter Egan

I'm totally down for joining someones team. If anything, the seat time would be a great benefit for me. I might possibly think about using my own bike too.