Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
WMRRA 2014 Rulebook is up!!!!

Default WMRRA 2014 Rulebook is up!!!!

After much delay, the ALL NEW 2014 Rulebook is up!

My apologies for the delay, but we made a MUCH needed and long overdue complete reformat of the rulebook. The old one was the original electronic version, edited about 25 times in every version of Word and Excel ever made. It was a nightmare, so thanks to Neil Jensen and Scott Dau, we now have an all new book in all the same format with all the typos and formatting errors we could find eliminated.

All licensed racers will be receiving a paper copy in their racer packets which should arrive the week after NRS.

TimO
    "Inside every old man there's a young man screaming what the hell happened?!" - Claud Jinks #314

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

"These go to eleven" - Nigel Tufnel

So much for a competitive 250 class..... If anyone else has run the 250's against the 300's they would know there is no competition... Oh well

Wildwood
    AverySpecialman

Please don't read me wrong! I believe we need to keep with the times and with the introduction of the awesome 300's into the market, we need to include these bikes in the grid. My concern lies with the changing of the guard in reference to the 250 Cup. Others still have a 250 cup but also invited the 300's by changing the rules for the ULWS. I will go stick my head back in the sand now..
    AverySpecialman

Do you think you'll see a 300 with a stock exhaust on race day?

If they want to race in 250 cup?
    Yes.
    "Inside every old man there's a young man screaming what the hell happened?!" - Claud Jinks #314

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On the upside, we have another class we can race in now! 500SS. I am guessing that for the most part the 250s will be competitive in this class? unless someone brings out a 3 cylinder gsxr.... I know I have no plans to race a 300 this year, but within a couple of years I am guessing that the 250s will be out dated unless the other manufacturers come out with some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoodhomes View Post
    Please don't read me wrong! I believe we need to keep with the times and with the introduction of the awesome 300's into the market, we need to include these bikes in the grid. My concern lies with the changing of the guard in reference to the 250 Cup. Others still have a 250 cup but also invited the 300's by changing the rules for the ULWS. I will go stick my head back in the sand now..

Quote Originally Posted by Philiminilli View Post
    On the upside, we have another class we can race in now! 500SS. I am guessing that for the most part the 250s will be competitive in this class? unless someone brings out a 3 cylinder gsxr.... I know I have no plans to race a 300 this year, but within a couple of years I am guessing that the 250s will be out dated unless the other manufacturers come out with some competition.
    500SS was created for the new CBR500 twins, and the new 500 twins likely to be out soon from some other manufacturers. That said, you could certainly bump up a class on a 250.

With no exhaust/intake mods on a 300, the power should be the same as a tuned 250. Maybe the 300 will clean up, maybe it won't. Only time will tell. If it is an uneven balance, it will only last until Rules Proposal season, right?

But, to be sure, just like ANY bike, there will come a time when a Ninja 250 is obsolete. Then maybe we will need a ULWTFS class...

Quote Originally Posted by tim61 View Post
    500SS was created for the new CBR500 twins, and the new 500 twins likely to be out soon from some other manufacturers. That said, you could certainly bump up a class on a 250.

With no exhaust/intake mods on a 300, the power should be the same as a tuned 250. Maybe the 300 will clean up, maybe it won't. Only time will tell. If it is an uneven balance, it will only last until Rules Proposal season, right?

But, to be sure, just like ANY bike, there will come a time when a Ninja 250 is obsolete. Then maybe we will need a ULWTFS class...
    I know AFM has had a 500ss class for a few years now, but for the most part the 250s were still competitive. If a fast rider gets a 500 it will be hard to keep up though, 10HP is a big difference. The 500s are significantly heavier, 425lbs in stock trim, so there is a chance it would be pretty equal.
    Last edited by Philiminilli; 03-22-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philiminilli View Post
    I know AFM has had a 500ss class for a few years now, but for the most part the 250s were still competitive. If a fast rider gets a 500 it will be hard to keep up though, 10HP is a big difference. The 500s are significantly heavier, 425lbs in stock trim, so there is a chance it would be pretty equal.
    We actually had 500s for quite a while: The GS500 cup, basically the predecessor to the Ninja 250s. Did my first novice race on one of those back in 1997
    WMMRA #174
    Thanks to:
    Lynnwood Motoplex, HMC Racing and my wife