Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
WERA - Round 4 - Miller Motorsport Park - May 18-20th
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default WERA - Round 4 - Miller Motorsport Park - May 18-20th

WERA, Round 4, Miller Motorsport Park, May 18-20th
    A handful of us have been discussing making the trip down to Miller Motorsport Park in Salt Lake City, Utah for WERA’s Round 4 event on May 19-20th. We are looking to once again fill my truck/trailer with other fellow riders/racers to help make the trip and opportunity available for everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:

There will be an Open track day on May 18th, which you can preregister for here: http://www.millermotorsportspark.com...er-course.html
    Our plan is to attend the Track Day and then Race through the weekend. You can go to WERA.com to register and fill out all of the necessary paperwork. I highly advise that you get this done and bought off by WERA well in advance of the trip!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Details:
    -The Plan is to leave the Seattle/Snoqualmie area with a truck and trailer full of bikes headed for Salt Lake City either early Thursday morning (May 17th) at approx. 5 AM. We should arrive with enough daylight left to get setup and ready for the weekend festivities.
    ***If there is enough interest, we can leave Wednesday evening (6-7pm) and drive through the night.***

-The Open trackday starts at 7am on Friday and goes until 5pm.

-Race / Practice Saturday & Sunday with WERA (they honor our WMRRA license from 2011 & fees are roughly the same as WMRRA...)

-We will pack up the trailer Sunday afternoon after the races and drive straight home, so we should arrive back in Seattle Early Monday morning.

-You will need to figure out your transportation for your bike/gear to and from the Snoqualmie area, which is where the truck/trailer are stored.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lodging:
    -From previous experience / feedback from the Fontana Trip in January, we will not have hotel rooms pre-booked for everyone. Everyone had their own preference on sharing vs not-sharing, and we do not want the trip to be an uncomfortable experience for anyone, so you will be responsible for your own lodging.
    -I will be staying at the: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tooele, 1531 North Main Street, Tooele, UT 84074. Rooms are $136/night (2 Queens)
    -If you choose to get a room at an alternate hotel location, then please let me know and we can work out the travel arrangements on getting you to/from the track.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Transportation:
    -You can have us haul your bike down and fly yourself into Salt Lake or you can ride down in the truck. Whichever works best for your job / finances.
    -There are only 3 "roadtrip" spots available in the truck and they will be on a first come first serve basis. Please specify which travel arrangement you plan on taking when you make your deposit.

*if you fly in, plan on getting a rental car or sharing one with another person flying in. If you are flying in and do not have a rental car, please let me know so that we can make sure you have transportation to/from the track
    /airport.

--------------------------------------------------------

Misc.:

-We will have coolers and some basic snacks/ water / etc at the track, please contribute cash or items to this if you plan to use this stuff.

-it's roughly a 1,800 mile trip, so it’s a good trek if you decide to go down yourself!
    I can guarantee you that you will not be able to get your stuff down there and back for less!

---------------------------------------------------------
    Fees:

-Since the hotel is not included and basic travel arrangements are being provided, a flat rate of $175 will be charged, regardless if you are riding with us or flying down and meeting us.

*****To reiterate, this rate does not the hotel room ... you will need to pay for and procure your own hotel arrangements (see above).

***** This cost covers transportation of your bike, gear, stands, gas cans, to/from Salt Lake.
    You will need to make arrangements with me to drop off your things. I am available to store your stuff in advance (day or week before) if it works best for your schedule.

-------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know ASAP if you want to book a spot.

In order to prevent flakes - I will ask you to make a $95 deposit to lock in your spot and you will only be able to get a refund if you find a different bike / rider to take your place.
    It is not my intention to make/lose any money on this trip, simply put something cost effective together for everyone that will provide the opportunity for more people to join in on the fun!
    Please PM me if you are interesting in making the trip so that I can finalize the details with each person individually, and I will update this post as people get signed up.

STATUS

Currently confirmed and deposit paid:

Steve Kidd (Road Trip)

Daryl Richardson (Rockstar) (Paid Deposit)

Chris Bostron (Rockstar) (PAID)

Dave Morad (Rockstar)

Tentative:

Last edited by Mr.Flipflops; 05-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Great to hear you are putting this great package together for people Steve!

This is a chance to ride and race on the exact same track that the AMA / World Superbike guys will be ripping around on the following weekend, how many times in your life will you get that kind of an opportunity?

Hope that some of you can get involved in this and get out to experience Miller Motorsports Park!

PS.. WERA West LWT Superstock and LWT Superbike Champion racer Tim Weig will be on hand to give you free beer and autograph your chest !)
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by weig17; 04-18-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Please support the following companies that have graciously sponsored me throughout this season:
    *WEIGRACING*
    *AFTERMARKETCYCLES.com* *REDLINE MOTORSPORTS* * SHOEI HELMETS* *2 WHEEL PODCAST* *Vortex*
    *Hazardous Racing* *T-n-T Specialties* *SoCalSupermoto* *Pit Posse* *KT'S ALL STAR GYMNASTICS* *Dunlop* *MISSION BAY AUTOMOTIVE* *TOXIC MOTO RACING* *ON TRACK WELLNESS*

Thanks for the catch Tim! I fixed the typo and added Chris Bostron to the tentative list.

I'll be sure and shave a spot on my chest for you to sign Timmy!

I can't make this one but let me know abt the next (regardless of venue) and count me in
    WMMRA #174
    Thanks to:
    Lynnwood Motoplex, HMC Racing and my wife

Depending on my work situation this may be my last out of state trip for the year. I've got a lot of little vacations planned this year and I have a feeling that i am going to in a way, "overstay my welcome", if you know what i mean.

I am so in, the one trip you do not want to miss. This will be my third trip to this Venue, and I haven't been back since 2008. Truly a world class facility and so much fun to ride. Looking forward to some more good times...keep em comin!
    I am back for 2012!

We'll be there for the track day and the 6 Hour. Help in the pits for our stops will be GREATLY appreciated!
    Climb hard, ride fast...Always!

For anyone interested, I am flying in and have a car rented already. I arrive at 2:15PM on the 17th. If anyone wants to share car rental costs, let me know.
    I am back for 2012!

By the way, The BLRTC transporter will already be in the paddock starting this weekend thru the October event.

Most likely will be in the West day garages and RV spots.

April it will be West 15 and RV West 9

250 two stroke GP racing is alive and well. Just in limited numbers.

See you there
    Last edited by Bruce Lind; 04-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Burgess reserved garage 12, I have half of that reserved but can definitely work out of my trailer if anyone is looking to get garage space. Just let me know..
    Please support the following companies that have graciously sponsored me throughout this season:
    *WEIGRACING*
    *AFTERMARKETCYCLES.com* *REDLINE MOTORSPORTS* * SHOEI HELMETS* *2 WHEEL PODCAST* *Vortex*
    *Hazardous Racing* *T-n-T Specialties* *SoCalSupermoto* *Pit Posse* *KT'S ALL STAR GYMNASTICS* *Dunlop* *MISSION BAY AUTOMOTIVE* *TOXIC MOTO RACING* *ON TRACK WELLNESS*