Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Manx crash for Tony

Default Manx crash for Tony

Anyone hear anything about Tony Bakker ? RRW update says he injured his neck at the Manx

link?

Sounds like a precautionary visit to the hospital according to the teams FB page....

WMRRA 209

WMRRA Board of Directors

Tony was blinded by the sun entering a corner, missed the brake marker, and caught a rope on the neck at about 70 MPH. He said he should be released from the hospital today. It sounds like he's more embarrassed than anything, which is understandable, but still- He was racing on the roads! Huge props to that, for sure. It would be cool if he was cleared by medical and allowed to circulate.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

update from Tony's Facebook page a couple of minutes ago:
    "Anthony Bakker
    My GP is done. Bike un repairable and I'm not physically able.
    Good luck Chris and Travis. I'll be back to give it another go."

-you made it way closer to accomplishing this amazing dream than most of us ever could have. Do not hang your head in shame Tony.
    Please support the following companies that have graciously sponsored me throughout this season:
    *WEIGRACING*
    *AFTERMARKETCYCLES.com* *REDLINE MOTORSPORTS* * SHOEI HELMETS* *2 WHEEL PODCAST* *Vortex*
    *Hazardous Racing* *T-n-T Specialties* *SoCalSupermoto* *Pit Posse* *KT'S ALL STAR GYMNASTICS* *Dunlop* *MISSION BAY AUTOMOTIVE* *TOXIC MOTO RACING* *ON TRACK WELLNESS*

Thanks my friends. I'm good with it and I think I have a TT course record for the fastest in the "run off", getting strangled by a rope while having a would post shoved into my helmet. I would say I'm lucky to be typing this. I'm not intimidated at all. Two years, another go at it.