Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Spokane

Thread: Spokane

President of the WMRRA Volunteers Fan Club Allister Squid #121's Avatar
    2nd star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

Default Spokane

Hi WMMRA,

Prior to any decisions, WMRRA sent 2 delegates out to Spokane to review the new road course layout.

The WMRRA representatives submitted a written report to the WMRRA Executive-Board (E-Board) regarding their inspection of the race track layout and facilities.

The report states that the current layout has too many serious safety issues for WMRRA to hold an event at the facility at this time.

The committee recommended that the E-Board vote to cancel all further events scheduled at Spokane Raceway Park until these safety issues are addressed to their satisfaction.
    The E-Board then discussed the report, recommendations and voted 8-1 against holding an event until the safety issues are addressed.

WMRRA will not be able to race at Spokane Raceway Park at this time.

I am sorry to have to pass this information along, I really looked forward to returning to Spokane to race.

I intend to work with the WMRRA E-Board to put together a detailed report for SRP's review, with our concerns spelled out and step by step recommendations for remedy.

Due to budget constraints and economic cosiderations it may take some time to get reslolution, but I sincerely hope we can work with Spokane to get the issues fixed so that we can return to Spokane as soon as possible.

I know many of our eastside members will be as disappointed about this decision as I am.
    FYI, the E-Board considered the east side members at every portion of this discussion.
    The last thing we want to do is alienate our valued east side racers.
    Sorry guys/gals the track is just not capable of holding races in its current configuration.

I can say that E-Board did their jobs, there was considerable discussion, sometimes contentious.

Regardless of my personal desire to race in Spokane I agree that this decision is best for the general membership.

I look forward to working out the issues so we can return.

See you at the next round!

Last edited by Allister Squid #121; 06-20-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    I was #2, I was the S**T!!!
    Then we were #4, why try harder?
    Uh-oh, gotta go, #2, I am the S**T again!

I don't roll on shabbos

The views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of Allister Squid #121

Dave Lannigan SpeedDealer Motors
    Brand X Custom Paint
    Barry and April Wressel KFG
    Jason, John and Dunlop Tires
    Flexi Glass Bodywork
    Vortex
    GSXR 1,000,000

Allister Brother - your "special" goes all the way up to 11... Bateman