Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Important WMRRA Announcement - April 2011
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Important WMRRA Announcement - April 2011

Good morning everyone!

Last night, the WMRRA Executive Board met for our monthly meeting. We discussed numerous issues and decisions resulted from those discussions, some of which were tough but needed. Please understand that no decision is made lightly and last night’s meeting was over 3 hours in length to ensure we properly considered everything before making that decision.

These decisions were reached unanimously by the Executive Board and are in line with what we feel is in the best interest of the organization and it’s long term success.

I realize this is a long post but there is a lot of important information here, so please read through it in its entirety.

Rule Changes

Jeff Wieand reconvened the rules committee to discuss two proposals brought to the board.
    • Nico Tomacelli proposed changing the 3 money classes to trophy classes and their entry fees changed in accordance with such a change. Not paying out 50-60% of the entry fees for these classes will help WMRRA reduce its race weekend operational costs. Unanimously approved.
      • Round 1 Money Class Payments have been mailed and is NOT retroactively being changed.

• Allister Mackinnon proposed changing the minimum number of riders that start a race needed to collect overall points from 8 to 5 due to the fact that grid sizes are down much more than expected. He also proposed adding back the minimum number of riders that start a race needed to collect class points of 3. This was errantly removed at some point in the past. Round 1 stats: only 8 of the 19 classes this weekend had enough to score overall points. 3 of those 8, had exactly 8 riders. Unanimously approved.
      • Overall Championship Points/Class Points are being retroactively applied. Updated standings will be published this weekend!
    Round 3 at Spokane County Raceway is Canceled
    We discussed this in great length and reached the decision that we will be canceling Round 3 at Spokane County Raceway.

At this point, the pavement has still not been laid for the new section of the racetrack. The current estimate is that they hope to have it done in the next two weeks, however there are no guarantees that it will be complete in the next two weeks. In addition, we’re still working through our requests/needs with the race track from a safety perspective.

Another factor in the decision was the overall financial health at this time. We can’t afford as a club to take a heavy loss at this time and early indicators show (based on Round 1) entries, we would lose money with the first round at Spokane. As a point of reference, last year we lost $2500 at the July round, which was the higher attended round. Also, fuel costs for the club would be at best, an additional 33% (at worst 50% more) over last year’s costs. We are evaluating what we can do to reduce costs as much as possible to make Round 5 feasible/success.

Given the timeline of everything and current financials of the club, we don’t feel comfortable going forward with the scheduled May race weekend in Spokane and wanted to give our members ample time to make other arrangements. That is why we’re making a decision at this time and not waiting till a later date.

We will continue to keep in contact with Spokane County Raceway and work with them to ensure that the facility is in a position to hold races as soon as possible.

As a good faith effort to those on the Eastside of the mountains that we consider you important members of the club, we also agreed on the following offer to you.

Eastside New & Returning Novices –
    • All rounds that you attend at Pacific Raceways in 2011 will be discounted 50%.

Eastside Graduated Novices & Experts
    • Anyone who has not attended a race at Pacific Raceways in 2011 yet, will be receive a discount of 50% on the first round you attend.

(Eastside is defined as those leaving East of the Cascades, MT, ID, and Alberta)
    Additional Information
    • SuperTeams will be run in June, Sept, and Oct rounds. One of the 3 rounds will be for Ninja 250’s. The other 2 will be for the rest of the bikes.
    • We have worked with the track to cut additional costs that should help out a little. We have also cut all non-essential operational costs at this time.

Thank you for your time. We’ll see everyone in 2 weeks at WMRRA Round 2.

Nico Tomacelli
    WMRRA President
    Last edited by Hypnotiq; 04-14-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Thank you Nico, and the rest of the board for bringing SuperTeams program back!

Please make sure I have this correctly - by saying that one of the rounds will be for the 250 Ninjas - you are saying the race is exclisive to the classes the Ninja 250 are eligible for?

One final comment - the June races conflict with the WERA 6 Hour at Miller, which is the heavyweight event on our program this year. I would ask that the Ninja SuperTeams weekend be that weekend. I say this as the Some Clowns Racing Team would put 3 bikes on the SuperTeams grid, 30% of the grid last year...

Thanks,

Tom
    Climb hard, ride fast...Always!

sounds like a good enough reason to me... I want to race those clowns on my SV and we are not going to let em win this time
    Please support the following companies that have graciously sponsored me throughout this season:
    *WEIGRACING*
    *AFTERMARKETCYCLES.com* *REDLINE MOTORSPORTS* * SHOEI HELMETS* *2 WHEEL PODCAST* *Vortex*
    *Hazardous Racing* *T-n-T Specialties* *SoCalSupermoto* *Pit Posse* *KT'S ALL STAR GYMNASTICS* *Dunlop* *MISSION BAY AUTOMOTIVE* *TOXIC MOTO RACING* *ON TRACK WELLNESS*

old, but not that old

thanks for making these decisions. i know it's not the best of times, but i hope folks keep coming out. it's the only time to really hang out with a great community en masse

I, for one, am very pleased regarding the decision to drop Round 3 from the schedule. Not because I didn't want to ride/race the track (for my first time).... quite the contrary.

I look forward to riding this track sometime in the future.....and hopefully @ round 5!

I am only pleased because the reasons for dropping Rnd 3 are sound, just, and with safety/readiness in mind.

Thank you for the update, Nico...and thank you e-board for all that you do for our club!
    Matt Metcalf
    WMRRA #13

Please support the companies that support motorcycles and road racing!

2012 Sponsors:
    www.madhattermotorsports.org
    www.kfgracing.com
    www.2wheeldynoworks.com
    www.silkolene.com
    www.vortexracing.com

I updated my original post because I forgot something important.

Round 1 Money Class Payments have been mailed and is NOT retroactively being changed.

Overall Championship Points/Class Points are being retroactively applied. Updated standings will be published this weekend!

Thanks,
    Nico

to all the eboard...thank you for trying to keep the club solvent...I know the decisions arent easy but you're doing them in the club's best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyAngels View Post
    to all the eboard...thank you for trying to keep the club solvent...I know the decisions arent easy but you're doing them in the club's best interest.
    Seconded. Thank you.

cee-jay

Thanks for getting this out and announced so schedules can be changed. I'd have loved to race, but I his is probably the right (safe) decision.

Is this weekend just going to be a "bye"?

cj
    Last edited by cee-jay; 04-14-2011 at 02:17 PM.

CJ, thanks for understanding.

It will be a bye. Pacific Raceways is booked that weekend.

Thanks,
    Nico