Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Need Suspension work

Default Need Suspension work

I've received a few GP Suspension recommendations, but it looks as though they're only in OR.

What is a good alternative up here (my bike is in Redmond).

I had my suspension set at a track day where I was told that the front springs were soft, and would need replacing if I were planning on racing (which I am).

Also, what attracted me to GP Suspension is they mechanically test them (with machines and stuff ). This is of interest because the front forks I have on my bike right now are 2nd hand, and I have only the world of the seller that they're good (but I think they may be the source of some of my bikes' instability). Also, I installed them myself, and I'm no mechanic, just have a manual and a wrench.

Lastly, are they able to repair suspension? The original forks on the bike got into a wreck, and one is surely bent slightly (maybe 2-3%), and the other maybe. It would be great if I could get those repaired and either sell, or keep as a second set

Bike: 05 GSXR 750

Barry Wressell with KFG racing http://www.kfgracing.com/contact/ is the man you want, he's at all the trackdays, race weekends, etc. and lurks here too.

Tim
    WMRRA #313

Looks like Barry's only a 40 minute drive away, for you. Hes right by the track, here in covington.
    db
    WMRRA #935 - Newb Round 2...

Retired WMRRA Photographer

Fluid Suspension Science (Dave Alexander) is the bomb...if it works for Larry Pegram he can do magic for you...

Kids grow up too fast, :O( Bad Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjones23 View Post
    Barry Wressell with KFG racing http://www.kfgracing.com/contact/ is the man you want, he's at all the trackdays, race weekends, etc. and lurks here too.

Tim
    +2, plus he can help you set up your sag, etc at the track, he is magic,
    2000 GSXR750- WMRC #280 FOR SALE!

Sponsors-
    Team Black Dog-2007 NW Endurance-2nd place.
    www.simonsauto.com
    Flexi-glass- www.flexi-glass.com Pays contingency to 3rd place.
    Dent Craft Of Canada
    Surrey Honda-Thanks for the Generator- www.surreyhonda.com
    GP Suspension Dave and Barry are suspension gods
    KFG
    Performance Coatings www.performancecoatings.com
    Ritz Catering www.ritzcatering.ca
    Mspeed.
    Maga Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
    Fluid Suspension Science (Dave Alexander) is the bomb...if it works for Larry Pegram he can do magic for you...

So dave does the ACTUAL work within Larry's forks?? Hmmm..not what i heard. NOT knocking the guy, he is huge part of Larry's team and everyone i know likes his work, but im not sure he does the internals/valving work for Larry.

+4 for Barry Wressell...the guy is fat, pale and rarely answers the phone but his work is the best!

edit: just read and again, sorry if came off rude, wasn't intended but i know Dave doesnt do the actual forks/shocks for Larry. I do know barry does a LOT of AMA, OMRRA, WMRRA, CMRA, AFM, MRA and WERA forks/shocks and thats just our EDR Customers/racers he has done for. We have over 100 racers racing this season in all those clubs and almost all are done by Barry @KFG (or Dave @GP Suspension) TOP guys imo
    Last edited by Ed Who?; 04-19-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Kids grow up too fast, :O( Bad Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Who? View Post

+4 for Barry Wressell...the guy is fat, pale and rarely answers the phone but his work is the best!
    Sure you don't mean Dave?
    2000 GSXR750- WMRC #280 FOR SALE!

Sponsors-
    Team Black Dog-2007 NW Endurance-2nd place.
    www.simonsauto.com
    Flexi-glass- www.flexi-glass.com Pays contingency to 3rd place.
    Dent Craft Of Canada
    Surrey Honda-Thanks for the Generator- www.surreyhonda.com
    GP Suspension Dave and Barry are suspension gods
    KFG
    Performance Coatings www.performancecoatings.com
    Ritz Catering www.ritzcatering.ca
    Mspeed.
    Maga Performance.

Eric, though I haven't met you in person, by reading your posts I have come to expect a little fire from you. I didn't take offence

Barry is great at what he does as well. I am just giving a recommendation to Dave because he did good work on a few bikes that I know of...