Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Marcel Irnie Gets Early Jump on 2010 Season. WMRRA Rd1 Onboard VIDEO - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hope you make it out to PR again, great footage! It's inspired me to get off my ass and buy some real editing software instead of cut/pasting videos online.

I'm thinking Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro 9, any alternative suggestions?
    Adam Granzer ▪ WMRRA WebMaster WMRRA #28 www.RacingOrder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Hope you make it out to PR again, great footage! It's inspired me to get off my ass and buy some real editing software instead of cut/pasting videos online.

I'm thinking Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro 9, any alternative suggestions?
    I'll be at WMRRA Round 2 forsure. Who is putting on the friday trackday?

Yes. Platinum Pro 9 works great. Very similar to the Professional version.
    Don't worry about moving off your ass... just download it online. There is also a trial version to play with.

AMSOIL Synthetics ..... www.lubedealer.com/irnieracing
    Team IrnieRacing ........ www.irnieracing.com

[quote=irnieracing;66448]I'll be at WMRRA Round 2 forsure. Who is putting on the friday trackday?

I believe that PR is having high school drags on fridayAF has the track Thursday though.
    ANATRA CORSA Ducati Seattle Racing

The Peeps you need to see for all your needs:

Ducati Seattle
    Pirelli Tires (Competition Motors)
    EDR Performance
    Pit Bull
    Core Concepts
    Slater Street Construction

Thank you for helping me this year!

#177 Air Fence / Tire Wall Tester subdiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irnieracing View Post
    I'll be at WMRRA Round 2 forsure. Who is putting on the friday trackday?
    Looking forward to seeing you back out there, although I might be in the stands for the next round.

+1 Mad props to you on your video skills, great music and I like all the camera angles.

Quote Originally Posted by subdiver View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you back out there, although I might be in the stands for the next round.

+1 Mad props to you on your video skills, great music and I like all the camera angles.
    That's awesome to hear dude.. Thanks.

I'll have to mix things up a bit with more on-bike angles, and documentary style filming. I'll try to walk around the pits, and interview people more often.

News Publications:

Superbike racer finishes strong in Seattle (Kelowna Capital News, April 13, 2010)

Local racer has mixed start to year
    (Kelowna Daily Courier, April 12, 2010)

Mixed Weekend for Irnie (Inside Motorcycles, April 13, 2010)
    By John Hopkins

Kelowna, BC's Marcel Irnie went through the highs and lows of road racing in the opening round of the Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association season at Pacific Raceways on April 3-4.

Aboard his Irnieracing.com 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6RR the Canadian Amateur Sport Bike national frontrunner placed fourth in Saturday's 750 Supersport event but then suffered a crash in the 600 Supersport race that left his bike badly damaged.

Despite riding his 600 in the bigger bike class, Irnie made steady progress up the field in the 750 race.

"I was super stoked after the race," he said. "This was my best finish to date. I always struggled with finishing in the WMRRA top 10, and now I had conquered it by a good margin."

Unfortunately Irnie missed the call for the 600 Supersport race and joined the action a lap behind. He then slid off the track as he was caught out by the cold and damp racing surface.

"I was so disappointed with myself," he admitted. "All I can do is learn from my mistakes, and race another day. I estimate I low-sided around 130km/h, then slid into the rock gravel. The gravel slowed me down too quickly, causing me to somersaulted a couple times, head over feet. I remember my helmet smashing the ground a couple times, as I curled up in a ball and hoped for the best."

Although his 2005 Kawi was badly damaged in the incident Irnie was prepared to race his 2008 ZX-6R on Sunday, but action was curtailed following the death of longtime WMRRA competitor Claud Jinks.

Irnie will next be in action for round 2 of the WMRRA season May 8-9 as he prepares for an assault on the Canadian Amateur Sport Bike title this summer.

Irnie is sponsored by AMSOIL Synthetics, Blue Streak Racing, British Columbia Trailer, EBC Brakes, Fluid Suspension Science, Kreater Customs, GoPro Camera, Magna-Tech Services, Muller Motor Sports, Munro-Cylinder Heads, Valley Moto Sport and World Gym Kelowna.
    Last edited by irnieracing; 04-15-2010 at 04:34 PM.

New Video Interviews following Seattle Rd. 1

Castanet Media: Going 285 km/h on two wheels is the norm for Kelowna+s Marcel Irnie. (Video-Kelly Hayes) Vimeo Video Link too.

CHBC News/Global TV: High speed crash captures fan attention
    Last edited by irnieracing; 04-23-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2ak View Post
    Great video as always Marcel!

Thanks. I just finished editing my recent dirtbike adventure. Something a little different then the norm. I unfortunately crashed at the end, and injured my knees. I'm doing everything possible to attend next weekend in Seattle. I still can't walk, but i'll get there.

Now available at irnieracing.com
    Last edited by irnieracing; 05-01-2010 at 10:43 PM.