Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Status of Claud Jinks - WMRRA #314 - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    WMRRA Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by tophyr View Post
    Haha yep, heard both of those. Cheers Phil, a moment ago I was tearing up and now I can't stop chuckling. Miss you guys.
    Chris, my eyes have been wet since 10:30 this morning. I want the smiles to squeeze them out, so I want to have some good stories.

I can't do this any justice, but Claud told me a story about all of the hanky-panky going on at the motor company during his years there. One story had to do with an executive going off to an exotic retreat and meeting his secretary there, only to have the CEO fly the wives down as a surprise to the "homesick executives." Oh, they were surprised all right.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

I truly believe that this is not the last that many of us will see of Claud... just while we are here in human flesh.

Life is so truly precious and we only get one run at it. It's unfortunate that for many, it takes an ending such as this to serve as a bit of a wake up call.

Enjoy every moment that God gives you, each one is a blessing - even if it might not feel like it at the moment.

Claud, you will be missed and I hope you are saving a pit spot for your WMRRA friends and are ready to tech my bike for me when I get there!
    Please support the following companies that have graciously sponsored me throughout this season:
    *WEIGRACING*
    *AFTERMARKETCYCLES.com* *REDLINE MOTORSPORTS* * SHOEI HELMETS* *2 WHEEL PODCAST* *Vortex*
    *Hazardous Racing* *T-n-T Specialties* *SoCalSupermoto* *Pit Posse* *KT'S ALL STAR GYMNASTICS* *Dunlop* *MISSION BAY AUTOMOTIVE* *TOXIC MOTO RACING* *ON TRACK WELLNESS*

I remember him giving me shit after I went down in turn 8 and ending up under the airfence and tires, he made me laugh which made my arm hurt a little less.

R.I.P. Claud!!!

Claude and I became instant comrades at the track. We both loved the older machines we brought to the grid and we shared a compulsion for detail. I was looking forward to a competitive season in EHWGP with Claude when he spun the bearing on his 900RR in the first round last season.

This was to be our season, a couple of 200 lbs + old guys on equally old machines racing for honors and a beer at the end of the day. Happy trails good friend, that beer will have to wait a while.

Last edited by jkaiser; 04-04-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    John Kaiser

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

RIP Claude...

Small solace that he died doing something he loved sooo much.

His passion for the sport was an inspiration.

Such sadness.

R.I.P
    I enjoyed my time and corrections at tech with him.
    I felt very welcomed from him, and support.

Godspeed, Mr. Jinks.

Grid Fluffer for hire! Lauralynne's Avatar

God speed.

Prayers to his family.
    Laura
    WMRRA's slowest Expert
    Growing the race team by 1 in 2011

I hope that he went out doing what he loved is a small comfort to his friends and family.

Here's one to you Claude !

Condolences to friends and family. A very sad day.