Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Status of Claud Jinks - WMRRA #314 - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

When the decals are ran, please post information on how to obtain them. More then willing to donate to the cause. I didn't know Claud, but I grieve with the rest of my Wmrra family.. Events like this make me realize how fortunate I am to be apart of this organization, and apart of this family... A family I proudly say I'm apart of. Keep the stories coming everyone, Claud may have left us in the physical form, but he is never lost if he is kept in the heart.

WMRRA Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by S4rs888 View Post
    Call me Phil, I want everyone's input on this. I have excellent graphic support from one of my sponsors, a close freind & WMrrA supporter, please send me your ideas or sketches.

I'll run as many as requested.

Greg Canright 206.947.6433
    gregcanright@msn.com
    I will sketch and scan as I can. I even have a WMRRA logo in black and white that can be incorporated, as long as I can get permission from the club.
    WMRRA #217
    MotoBits Precision Motorcycle Parts, now with Ninja 250 rearsets!
    Seattle Cycle Center
    “‘In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by pscook View Post
    His email was Zekeramo, as was his forum name. I'll chip in for the run. Have the bottom of the "Z" run under the entire name with the number either above the name or ghosted behind it. Do it up in style.
    I will throw in some $$ to get this done as well.
    Last edited by MadManx; 04-06-2010 at 06:55 AM.

I heard about this on my way back from Thunderhill yesterday, such a sad day. I remember our novice year together, you are one of those rare and young at heart people us "mid-40's-not-so-young-anymore" racers look up to and get inspired by. I will always remember your kind heart, contagious smile and calm ways.

Godspeed friend, wherever you are I hope you get to ride.
    [B][I]Chris Fratini
    WMRRA#65

Life becomes a nuisance when you take it too seriously

It's been awesome sitting back and reading all of the great memories about Claud over the past couple of days. I could go on for pages about the guy. I met Claud for the first time via a telephone call back in 2006. He had sent me a PM via this forum to give him a call. We small talked for a few minutes, all the while I was thinking to myself "who is this guy and what in the world does he want". He was going on and on about this Honda that he had. At the time I had only ever ridden Suzuki's so I eventually cut him off and that's when he told me that he wanted me to race his CBR1000rr for him. After working out the details, he told me to come down that weekend and pick it up. I couldn't believe that this man, whom I'd never even met face to face, just told me to get his bike out of his garage so I could ride it. I had no idea that signing on with Claud would be one of the best decisions that I have made in my life to date. I've been lucky to have spent lots of time with him where he was always willing to share his knowledge and advise on everything from the oil leak in my truck to relationship and financial decisions. Claud brought something special to me and to our paddock. His kind words, the hop in his large steps, the smile and chuckle that we all adored will never be forgotten. Even though Clauds passing leaves all of us feeling cheated, I find comfort in the fact that he went doing something that he absolutely loved while being around people who cared about him. I hope that I'm that lucky when my time comes. The heavens will never be the same... I'm sure Claud is up there already making friends, telling the best motorcycle stories and scheming up the most outrageous paint job to apply to his racing stead. I will never forget this great man and look forward to one day sharing the endless twisties with him.
    Jake

Faster Tire Changer than Rider richmeyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caps2000 View Post
    When the decals are ran, please post information on how to obtain them. More then willing to donate to the cause. I didn't know Claud, but I grieve with the rest of my Wmrra family.. Events like this make me realize how fortunate I am to be apart of this organization, and apart of this family... A family I proudly say I'm apart of. Keep the stories coming everyone, Claud may have left us in the physical form, but he is never lost if he is kept in the heart.
    Ditto on all of that...
    Never let your lack of talent limit your ambition, except on the racetrack...

We all feel the same way. It's only fitting we carry Claud's number with us everywhere, because everyone who knew him will carry him with us in our hearts everywhere we go. Count me in as well.

Please post where/when the stickers would be available.

Thanks,
    Jed B.
    President
    OMRRA 2010

It has been a long couple of days. The shock and the sadness with the memories and laughter all mixed together. Claud was such and incredible man. He touched so many lives in so many ways. He will be truly missed.

I was there in turn 2 with Claud. As difficult as it was, I would not trade my last moments with him. He was surrounded by people that loved him. There is some comfort in knowing that he was doing something that he loved, surrounded by people he loved.

The effort and response on Sunday was flawless. It makes me proud to know that in the face of such a terrible tragedy that the corner workers, race day staff, Race Rescue and the medics could not have been more professional and caring. The teamwork and love that went into Clauds care was incredible.

I want to thank Tim for being there as quickly as he was. It was very reassuring to have you there as a professional and a WMRRA brother. Mel and Bat were crucial in helping the medics do their job. Crash was there doing what he could. Russ, Jeff and crew pitched in when needed. I would also like to thank every corner worker on the track. They remained calm and handled the unusual situation that happened without question. I want to acknowledge Craig, Colt and Lisa for the extra help that they offered to me and the other staff. They went above and beyond in helping with track tear down and helping me clean up the radio shack. They pitched in so that those of us that knew Claud on a more personal level could deal with the shock, grief and many other emotions that we were experiencing. Thank you to everyone for the hugs, the kind words and support that we all gave each other.

My heart is so heavy. I am a better person for having Claud in my life. He was an inspiration and joy to so many. My most heartfelt condolences to Anita and family. Please know that your WMRRA family will always be there to support you.

I know Claud is riding the great twisties in the sky. I’ll miss you my friend.
    Starter 2012 - 2013
    Corner Captain 2006-2010
    Banquet Coordinator 2007-2009

We love you too Liz, we're all in it together.