Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
FS: 2004 GSXR600 street/track
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FS: 2004 GSXR600 street/track

Selling my "dual-sport" GSXR. Currently is in street form, also has everything needed to be WMRRA legal plus a bunch of spares. This was Mike Levenson's race bike, then Will Martin had it for his novice season. I spent quite a bit of time fixing/cleaning stuff on it last winter but only rode it for one track day and a few hundred miles on the street.

Bike has clean WA title. Mike told me it was converted from street with about 20K on the odometer and it currently has a bit over 23K miles. For some time (seems about a season and a half) the odometer wasn't working so the real mileage is a bit more. The bike has been down multiple times, as evident by some scratches on the side of the frame (looks like gravel) that have been painted over, plus Will laid it at about walking speeds when he fell asleep during the race Race fairings are rattle-can painted HotBodies, they're in good shape save for one mounting hole that is bigger than it should be. They mount just fine, I had no issues with them.

Few things worth mentioning:
    - bike has radial Brembo MC from an R1 plus there's a rebuild kit and a spare brake lever for it in the parts bin
    - secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA) has been wired open and computer throws FI code (C28) because of that. It's been running like that for a long time and this doesn't seem to affect anything.
    - I've got most of the street stuff on, save for a horn, rear brake light and sidestand switches (not there). Radiator fan is working well as all the blinkers and lights.
    - other mods: EBC brake rotors and braided lines, SBS pads (with a set of new spares in the parts bin), Woodcraft case covers, Vortex clip-ons, new-ish chain and sprockets, stock suspension that was claimed to have 5K miles on it when I got it, somewhat chewed up Gnanelli pipe, nice color-matching undertail kit/blinkers. Plastics and tank are from a 750, they have small bumps and bruises but structurally intact with no cracks or broken mounting holes. Oh yea there are frame sliders, I think they're Woodcraft but maybe Vortex, not sure.

Parts that go with the bike are:
    - set of rain wheels with rotors, plus Bridgestone rains that look like they have just a couple laps on them
    - bunch of sprockets and cush drives
    - a box of rearsets bits and pieces. The ones on the bike are tentatively spoken for so I'll put a Woodcraft set on.
    - spare levers
    - second key
    - two race fairing stays, one slightly damaged (but functional) Vortex and one I don't know the brand of but it's the most sturdy fairing stay I've seen so far, very nice one
    - shop manual
    - bunch of oil filters
    - two stock pipes (don't ask)
    - set of stock front brake rotors, I don't know if they're straight or not
    - undertray, the one on the bike has a hole cut out for transponder but it's covered up with the undertail kit in street form
    - SBS brake pad set, looks new to me

I'm asking $3500 for all of this. If you want to make an offer on the bike in street form only or bike in track form only, go ahead but beware that I'm going to wait for a bit and see if someone will take it all. Same goes for parts.

Forgot to mention that the rear subframe is a bit tweaked. Doesn't affect anything but the looks, I'll try to muscle it back to straight in the next few days.

Default i am looking for a track only bike

I am looking for a track only bike but close to 2k$.

No lowballing here.. just making an offer

I'm sure if you set out to sell all the extras you'll get pretty darn close to $2K if not exactly that. Street stuff alone (fairing stay, headlight, fairings, tank) should be worth $700-800.

Default track fairing

I am interested in your track fairing iif it can fit my 07 gsxr 600. I am not sure if I'd have to change the fairing stays. Can you PM me the offer.
    Also can you Pm me your email address

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy View Post
    I am interested in your track fairing iif it can fit my 07 gsxr 600. I am not sure if I'd have to change the fairing stays. Can you PM me the offer.
    Also can you Pm me your email address
    It'll fit 04-05 600 and 750. Maybe also 03-04 1000's, not sure about that one.

The bike has had all bad karma removed. I know this for sure. It took dedication, a bit of pain, a lot of money, and some interesting parts, but it was all done to get the bike ready for it's next owner. Trust me. I'm not a doctor.

Thanks Will. If not for garage space issue it wouldn't be listed here, it's a fun little bugger and got all the parts needed to ride street or track rain or shine.

Will also trade for an MX-derived, street-legal sumo bike, like a 450/5xxSMR KTM, Husky, Husaberg FC450, plus $$.

new pricing

$2800 street, $2600 track bike only, $3000 track with all the spares.

I'm having a hard time keeping myself off the thing street-riding it and improving stuff, take it off my hands!