Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
10/3 600SS Poitras Brothers Update

Default 10/3 600SS Poitras Brothers Update

I spoke with Chris Poitras #866 today and said I would type something up for anyone that wants to know.

Chris Poitras had a high side coming out of the bus stop in the 600 SuperSport race on Saturday. It looked to me like he held on to the last second, trying to ride it out. But the bike came down hard on his right hand, dislocating his index finger and breaking it... along with the middle finger. There where also many rips in the skin of his right hand from being stretched too far, as he flipped over backwards landing on his back. The impact fractured the C1 and C7 vertebrae.

He was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Once there they set everything back as best as possible and put a cast on his right hand. Sunday at noon they performed a surgery involving a plate on his right index finger, pins in both first and second fingers as well as lots of stitching up skin on his right hand. He also had a bone chipped in his left hand.

He got to go home Sunday evening and sounded in pretty good spirits all things considered.

Ken Poitras #167, having no where to go exiting the bus stop basically ran over his big brother's bike. Ken landed pretty hard on his back as well causing a fracture in his shoulder.
    I must say it was pretty strange watching his bike ghost ride past the stands.

If you know the Poitras brothers, you know they are a couple of really great guys. I am thankful they are on the mend.

I would like to thank Jeff for taking control of the situation as well as all the race day staff and volunteers (and the medic that came to visit him in the hospital).

It always sucks when somebody crashes, yea it is even worse when it is somebody you're close to, and twice as bad when they are brothers, lol.
    Last edited by evil_dave; 10-08-2009 at 06:20 PM.
    evil_dave
    retired WMRRA #29

Thanks for the update, Dave. That was a pretty intense crash, no doubt. Glad to hear they're both recovering
    WMMRA #174
    Thanks to:
    Lynnwood Motoplex, HMC Racing and my wife

Thanks for the update Dave. Was actually thinking of them when I was driving down to Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Thanks for the update Dave. Was actually thinking of them when I was in the shower.
    Fixed it for ya.
    evil_dave
    retired WMRRA #29

Default Poitras bros

Good to hear those two are doing better, didnt get to see anything and was worried about Chris when it took some time to get him out of there, I used to work with that guy and he has been very helpful this year with my race exploits. Chris we wish you a speedy recovery.

Tom Doyle