Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rick Perrault update? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PictureChick View Post
    So Kevin was able to find his memory card?? I looked and looked in the gravel while we were waiting for the airlift.

Sooooo relieved to hear that Rick should make a full recovery. Horrible way to end the season!!
    No, just of his front camera we have video.

None from the rear facing camera.

Both him and I went back out after the races had ended, and looked some more.

We were able to find the retaining clip, but never were able to find the card. It's about the size of a fingernail, so it definitely is a needle in a haystack.

Also, Thoughts and Prayers out to Rick and his family. He's a Northwest Racer, which means he's tough as nails, and will pull through I'm sure.
    Last edited by Mic; 10-05-2009 at 02:59 PM.

I asked Kevin what happened about an hour after and was watching in turn one when it happened. Kevin said he tucked the front. Rick had nowhere to go and slammed into the back of him. Kevin was up immediately, Rick was obviously not. Best of wishes to Rick, and the Poitras brothers.

I am very happy to hear Rick is doing better. I am not really upset, just concerned for his recovery. It really freaked me out to be all of a sudden on my ass and sliding into the tire wall... He had me very worried too after I got up and about. Just a factor in racing I guess. Been there crashed that kind of thing... I wish him a very speedy recovery and hope to race against him next season. The corner workers, and Liz, were VERY VERY good about getting us taken care of. This club has really become and extended family for me and you are all so very kind and concerned for every racers (and their family's) health.
    Thank you everyone (Eric Featherstone, Shawn Halpin, Brian Trudeaux, Mike McLane, Katie Perry, Brian Hintz, Cody Koth & Craig Outtrim) for getting me back on the track. Even if I couldn't pull my panites out of my ass...

See you all at the banquet. Speedy recovery Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by ducatiduane View Post
    I asked Kevin what happened about an hour after and was watching in turn one when it happened. Kevin said he tucked the front. Rick had nowhere to go and slammed into the back of him. Kevin was up immediately, Rick was obviously not. Best of wishes to Rick, and the Poitras brothers.

Huh? Just for crystal clear clarification. I did not tuck the front. I was taking my normal line and hit from the side. No worries though....

Quote Originally Posted by gazman View Post
    They hit each other in T 2. Rick was airlifted.
    Rick was not airlifted.

Rick, get well soon. We all miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halpin Customs View Post
    Rick was not airlifted.

Rick, get well soon. We all miss you.
    So what was the Medic chopper for??? I was corner working and someone was load into the helicopter. I saw it. It wasn't Kevin since he raced again.
    Last edited by gazman; 10-05-2009 at 07:51 PM.
    Gary T

But corner worked all season

www.bridgestone.com
    www.adrenalinefreaks.com

fuzzy motors

I did not witness the crash, but did get to take a close look at the track. The collision appeared to have taken place in about the middle or maybe the 2/3's mark of the braking zone for 2. I am guessing on that position as I actually do not have to brake my vintage mini-bike for 2, so...

The deep grooves in the pavement are well before the corner. They extend nearly straight off the track, so it looked as though little, if any turning had taken place, as the grooves were parallell to the straight from T1 to T2. It was clear where both the bike(s) and Rick had hit the pavement. Rick went over the left side of his bike, and likely struck the ground with his left shoulder and head first.

My guess is that they came together during braking. Again, I have no idea how fast a 750 is traveling at that point, but after spending several heats this weekend in Turn 1 with Peter, I would estimate the 750's are still doing over 100 mph hour there.

The Race Rescue crew, Medic 1, and the Airlift crew did a world class job. The care Rick received onscene was excellent to say the least. I am certain the care he is recieving at HMC is also world class. I hope and pray his recovery is a full and speedy one!

TimO
    "Inside every old man there's a young man screaming what the hell happened?!" - Claud Jinks #314

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

"These go to eleven" - Nigel Tufnel

Quote Originally Posted by k2ak View Post
    I am very happy to hear Rick is doing better. I am not really upset, just concerned for his recovery. It really freaked me out to be all of a sudden on my ass and sliding into the tire wall... He had me very worried too after I got up and about. Just a factor in racing I guess. Been there crashed that kind of thing... I wish him a very speedy recovery and hope to race against him next season. The corner workers, and Liz, were VERY VERY good about getting us taken care of. This club has really become and extended family for me and you are all so very kind and concerned for every racers (and their family's) health.
    Thank you everyone (Eric Featherstone, Shawn Halpin, Brian Trudeaux, Mike McLane, Katie Perry, Brian Hintz, Cody Koth & Craig Outtrim) for getting me back on the track. Even if I couldn't pull my panites out of my ass...

See you all at the banquet. Speedy recovery Rick!
    Thanks Kevin. We're all glad to be there and love doing it. By upset I meant you were just worried about Rick. Glad you got back out there. As far as I'm concerned you pulled your panties out just by racing your next race!
    Starter 2012 - 2013
    Corner Captain 2006-2010
    Banquet Coordinator 2007-2009

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusRacing View Post
    Glad to hear Rick will be ok. Kevin Klemmer (my teammate) came out fine...just a little banged up. We were able to get him back on the grid at the end of yesterday. He has some video of this but don't think he will post it until all is well.
    Arg and Kevin was like "If I can keep the bike up this weekend" Exact same thing Dave said than look what happened.

I'm glad Rick looks like he'll be able to recover just fine.

I spoke with Kevin following the incident and he said he got on the brakes a little earlier than normal - Rick probably just did the best he could with no where to go. Seems to me this was merely a racing incident and no one's fault directly, rather the nature of racing and a chance we all take.

As for Rick, he was airlifted to Harbor View from Turn 2 and admitted to ICU last night. I spoke with Kelly again today and his collapsed lung is full-up round, they removed the ventilator tube and he's breathing on his own again. They'll look at moving him from ICU tomorrow and if all goes well maybe revisit releasing him in a few days. No mention of any surgery at this point for the collarbone, seems he was lucky that the fractured ribs didn't actually puncture his lung, might be some damage to his shoulder, and Kelly mentioned they were going to check one of his hands for fractures as it was hurting him pretty bad. Of course now he's finding himself sore everywhere else as well. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support.
    Dave Landes
    WMRRA #45

Sponsors/Supporters:
    Brothers' Powersports
    Dunlop
    Takai Racing
    Optimum Performance Rider Training
    Mike Velasco Racing